NAVIGATION:          HOMEPAGE          WELCOME          CONCERT          QUOTES          CONCLUSION

Creating Ripples ... Making Waves

A Storytelling Concert About Transformation:
Choices, Compromises, Consequences, and Change

BIOGRAPHY

LYNN CHRISTIANSEN
Conroe, TX
librarylynn@consolidated.net

I began my storytelling experience in the Fall of 2006. I am a native Texan and grew up in a small town outside of Houston. I have been married to my wonderful husband, Charles, for ten years. We have one son, Reilly, and one daughter, Raquel who keep us on our toes and laughing. I am the oldest of four children and we all still live pretty close to home. Right now I am the librarian for Armstrong Elementary in Conroe ISD and I absolutely love every minute.

M.S. Candidate in Library and Information Science
School of Library and Information Sciences
Denton, Texas

B.A. English
University of Houston, Houston, Texas
College of Humanities, Fine Arts, and Education
Major in English, Minor in Dance

I first fell in love with storytelling at the Texas Library Association Conference in 2006. While I have performed practically my entire life as a dancer, I have never been prone to public speaking. However, seeing the storytellers in action at TLA truly inspired me and I joined Dr. Elizabeth Figaís storytelling class at the University of North Texas. Through this class I found storytelling to be a fulfilling and rewarding experience and decided to continue my studies by taking advanced storytelling.

My favorite types of stories are Greek Myths and Fairy Tales (thank you MamŠ), but I also enjoy dipping into my dance background by telling stories about dance and the ballet.

I love to do anything that involves creativity. I have been dancing (ballet, jazz, modern) since I was young, but am currently on a sabbatical since moving to my new occupation. I was a high school dance team director for nine years, which offered many fulfilling and happy memories.

My husband Charles has been one of the biggest blessings in my life. He has given me nothing but support, love, and encouragement since we met. He has been my core of strength as Iíve pursued my Masterís degree. I would not be here as a storyteller or librarian if it werenít for him and his support. I love you Charles!

PERMISSIONS GRANTED FOR USE OF ALL MULTIMEDIA RECORDINGS.
ALL COPYRIGHT PROTECTED STORIES ARE TOLD WITH PERMISSION RECEIVED IN
WRITING FROM PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS. PERMISSION DOCUMENTS ARE ON FILE IN THE
SCHOOL OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS.

All images and photographs used with permission.

This Website Developed by Elizabeth Figa, Ph.D.
© Elizabeth Figa, 2007