NAVIGATION:          HOMEPAGE          WELCOME          CONCERT          QUOTES          CONCLUSION

Creating Ripples ... Making Waves

A Storytelling Concert About Transformation:
Choices, Compromises, Consequences, and Change

BIOGRAPHY

BARBARA ANN RUSHING REED
Arlington, TX
barreed@sbcglobal.net

I am a 6th generation Texan, whoís been abroad. I spent all of high school in the suburbs of Glasgow, Scotland. I come from a story telling family. My father passed the tradition down from his grandfather. My daughter and nephew are published authors as young adults, so the story goes on. I am a bilingual educator in the public school system with more years experience than I can believe. Itís a job with a captive audience for stories and itís my passion.

M.S. Candidate in Library and Information Science
School of Library and Information Sciences
Denton, Texas

B.S. Education
Denton, TX

My parents shared their love of story with me from the beginning. My father loved to make up animal stories and my mother loved to read aloud to us. My mother tells the story of my first story when I was almost three and I entertained them on a car trip with the whole story of Little Red Riding Hood, complete with gestures and character voices. She ends the story with that is when she knew that I was smart, but really itís when I launched my career as a storyteller. I first performed on a stage in the 5th grade at the Little Theater at Texas Christian University. I was an avid debater in the debating club during high school. When I took Childrenís Literature for my education degree I already knew how to tell a story and itís one of my favorite parts of teaching. I love to tell personal stories, but my interests are very broad. I have recently added stories from Africa now that my favorite man was born in Nigeria.

I love life and telling stories, so Iím trying to figure out how to keep on telling when I retire from teaching.

PERMISSIONS GRANTED FOR USE OF ALL MULTIMEDIA RECORDINGS.
ALL COPYRIGHT PROTECTED STORIES ARE TOLD WITH PERMISSION RECEIVED IN
WRITING FROM PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS. PERMISSION DOCUMENTS ARE ON FILE IN THE
SCHOOL OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS.

All images and photographs used with permission.

This Website Developed by Elizabeth Figa, Ph.D.
© Elizabeth Figa, 2007