NAVIGATION:          HOMEPAGE          WELCOME          CONCERT          QUOTES          CONCLUSION

Creating Ripples ... Making Waves

A Storytelling Concert About Transformation:
Choices, Compromises, Consequences, and Change

BIOGRAPHY

DAWN SEYMOUR
Arlington, TX
dns0026@unt.edu

I was born in Keflavic, Iceland but settled in Texas at the ripe old age of 9 months.  I am married to my high school sweetheart who is a professor of computer science at Rutgers University and I plan to eventually pursue a Ph.D. of my own in the field of education.  In addition to my work on a masterís degree in Library Science at the University of North Texas, I am also currently working on a certification from the University of Texas at Arlington to teach Gifted and Talented students.  I have taught 1st and 3rd grades in the Dallas Independent School District, but am taking time off to complete my graduate studies at this time.

M.S. Candidate in Library and Information Science
School of Library and Information Sciences
Denton, Texas

B.A. Interdisciplinary Studies with an emphasis in Early Childhood Education
University of Texas at Arlington
Honors College
College of Education

I developed an interest in storytelling after reading research that states that students retain more information when it is presented in a storytelling format as opposed to a lecture format. Thus far I have taken UNTís basic storytelling course and am currently enrolled in Advanced Storytelling. At present I have a small repertoire of fractured fairytales, songs, and an original story in my personal storytelling collection, but I plan to add more non-fiction stories over time in order to help make history come alive for my students.

Despite being born over seas, I consider myself a native Texan since I have lived here since I was less than a year old. I am the oldest of 6 with three sisters and two brothers. I love dogs, reading, and TV shows such as Greyís Anatomy.

PERMISSIONS GRANTED FOR USE OF ALL MULTIMEDIA RECORDINGS.
ALL COPYRIGHT PROTECTED STORIES ARE TOLD WITH PERMISSION RECEIVED IN
WRITING FROM PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS. PERMISSION DOCUMENTS ARE ON FILE IN THE
SCHOOL OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS.

All images and photographs used with permission.

This Website Developed by Elizabeth Figa, Ph.D.
© Elizabeth Figa, 2007