CREATURE  FEATURES:        HOMEPAGE        WELCOME         CONCERT         FUNSTUFF         CONCLUSION

PERFORMER   BIOGRAPHY
KAMI KOMM

Cheyenne, WY
kommk@msn.com

I am originally from North Dakota, lived in Utah for 2 years, and currently live in Wyoming.  My husband, Kelly, is serving in the United States Air Force.  We have a son, Ryan, and two dachshunds, KC and Elmo.  I have worked in two academic libraries, an Air Force library, and now work in an elementary school library.  I chose librarianship as a profession after I completed my student teaching in a toddler classroom.  I realized that story time was my favorite part of the day and I had been working in libraries throughout my college career so librarianship became the obvious choice.

M.S. candidate in Library and Information Science
Denton, Texas

Graduate Academic Certificates:
Youth Services in Libraries and Information Settings:  May 2004
Storytelling:  Candidate
University of North Texas; Denton, Texas

B.S. Early Childhood
Weber State University; Ogden, Utah
College of Child and Family Studies

I have always loved stories, whether told or read, and I am a bit of a drama queen so storytelling comes to me quite easily.  My favorite stories to tell are folk tales, fairy tales, and funny stories.  I am drawn to these because they are the ones I heard or read the most as a child.  Also, if a story is funny I can usually remember it.  I also like stories in which I can use puppets or felt board objects.  These seem to draw the kids into the stories.

I like to collect cow items.  I have figurines, signs, kitchen items, and art work that all have something to do with cows.  I also love childrenís books.  My bookshelves are full and I still keep buying more, much to my husbandís dismay. 

When the opportunity arises I love to travel.  I have been to Canada, England, Scotland, and have made three trips to New York City.  While in New York my main focus is theater.  I go to as many shows as I can as time permits.  So far I havenít seen a show I didnít like!