CREATURE  FEATURES:        HOMEPAGE        WELCOME         CONCERT         FUNSTUFF         CONCLUSION

PERFORMER  BIOGRAPHY
MELISSA
LIC”N

The Woodlands, Texas
storytimes@gmail.com

I am a native Texan, born in El Paso and currently residing near Houston. I am enjoying my first year of marriage to my wonderful husband Shane Baker. We already have many stories to tell. As a childrenís librarian I have the opportunity to practice storytelling on a regular basis.

M.S. candidate in Library and Information Science
Candidate Graduate Academic Certificate in Storytelling
Denton, Texas

I graduated with a bachelorís degree in fine arts in painting from the University of Houston in Houston, Texas. In June, I will complete my masterís degree in library science from the University of North Texas in Denton, Texas with a specialty in youth librarianship. I will also receive two graduate academic certificates, one in storytelling and the other in youth services. I have had the wonderful fortune to study abroad in both Puebla, Mexico and Glasgow, Scotland as well.

I am interested in storytelling through art, and incorporating artwork in the telling of stories. I also enjoy incorporating American Sign Language in stories and songs for young children. Fictional stories that appeal to youth are my favorites to tell, but my favorites to listen to are the funny family ones that make your sides hurt from laughing. 

I spent my childhood in the desert of southern Arizona, where I enjoyed breathtaking sunsets and skies filled with stars. On a few occasions I was stung by cactus. Once I got lost in the desert, but only briefly. I miss the smell of mesquite from miles away when the rain is coming.