CREATURE  FEATURES:        HOMEPAGE        WELCOME         CONCERT         FUNSTUFF         CONCLUSION

PERFORMER   BIOGRAPHY
KIMBERLY MOORE

Fort Worth, Texas

I am a born and bred Texan from Waco, Texas.  I have lived in Fort Worth, Texas for the last 21 years with the greatest family in the world.  I have been married for 26 years to my junior high sweetheart, Doug.  We have 2 perfect children, Whitney, 20, and Travis, 17.  I am a big dog lover as you can tell from my picture above with my Australian Shepherd named Rascal Bear.  I also have my gray shadow, an Australian Cattle Dog named Rowdy and 2 useless cats named Jenny and Snooter.  I am the Upper and Middle School Librarian at All Saintsí Episcopal School in Fort Worth. I will finish my Masters in Library and Information Science in December 2006. 

M.S. candidate in Library and Information Science
Denton, Texas

B.S. Library and Information Science

My WW II era father, Marcus Ridgeway, was a great storyteller.  Sometimes it was hard to tell the stories from the BS but it was all wonderful.  I did not appreciate his great gift of spinning stories and yarns until he was gone.  I never realized just how many stories I tell until my storytelling classes.  I am not as prolific as my Father but I can spin a decent yarn.  I remember making up many stories for my children when they were small.  I would embellish fairy tales and make them our own. 

I have a small collection of a beautiful form of art (?) called Television Lamps.  These TV lamps were popular in the 50ís and 60ís.  You placed them on top of the television and the light came out of the back.  These beautifully gaudy lamps come in many forms.  There are swans, leopards, cats with eyes that light up, dogs, fish, matadors, ships, plants, and many more.  My family hates them and thinks they are ugly.  I have often wondered who I will leave them to when I die.

I am an avid hiker and bicycle rider.  I am in a small group of women at All Saintsí that call themselves WOW, Women of the Wilderness.  We hike, bike, workout, and are currently planning a camping trip.  We have a lot of fun.

I coached girls volleyball and basketball for many years but have now put up my whistle and only watch girls games and yell at referees. This love of sport combined with my passion for libraries and reading has made my favorite quote:

"If Librarians ruled the world, reading would be a varsity sport!"