CREATURE  FEATURES:        HOMEPAGE        WELCOME         CONCERT         FUNSTUFF         CONCLUSION

PERFORMER  BIOGRAPHY
AIMÉE VAN HEYST

Dallas, TX
vanheyst_avh@hotmail.com

I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas. I work at the North Oak Cliff branch of the Dallas Public Library as a library associate where I am in charge of the ESL computer program. I am getting my M.L.S. in School and Youth Librarianship.

M.S. candidate in Library and Information Science
Candidate Graduate Academic Certificate in Storytelling
Denton, Texas

B.A. English Literature with Secondary Education Certification
University of North Texas, Denton, Texas

I have enjoyed writing stories since I first learned to write. Most of my stories come from dreams, others from events in my own life. I have known since 8th Grade that I wanted to become a librarian. I would like to work in an elementary school. I enjoy telling stories to little kids and I especially like to hear others stories.

I have played the violin since 4th Grade, but I only play it at church these days. I am not a soloist. I collect spoons and bells from places that I have gone or that friends and family bring back to me. I have a large collection of children’s books. It sometimes feels like our house is just one big library since there are bookshelves everywhere and a lot of stacks of books around the house. I am a really big Harry Potter fan and I love the allusions that J.K. Rowling uses in the novels. I love Greek mythology and folktales also. I am single and hoping to find my prince charming, no luck yet! I was brought up loving music; in high school I played the violin in the orchestra and the Madrigal dinners, participated in the Colorguard and sang in the Spring Musicals. I love to swim, so much that I was a lifeguard for 7 years.