STORYTELLER BIOGRAPHY

ANGELA LAMB

Mesquite, Texas
armmra24@yahoo.com

I am a native Texan and have lived in the Dallas – Fort Worth Metroplex all of my life.  I am married and have one daughter, Hayley.  I also have three dogs, which have become part of our family.  I am currently teaching hearing-impaired students in Lewisville, TX. 

M.S. Candidate School of Library and Information Sciences
Denton, TX 

Graduate Academic Certificate In Youth Services in Libraries and Information Settings
University of North Texas, Denton, TX
Graduate School of Library and Information Sciences

B.S. Deaf Education
Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, Texas
School of Education

I have been an avid storyteller since childhood.  I was the child standing on the fireplace with anything that would double as a microphone.  I was enrolled in tap, ballet, jazz, and voice lessons to accommodate my active personality.  Throughout my teen years, I sang and danced in plays and dramas performed at school.  I am also fluent in American Sign Language, which in itself lends to a lot of storytelling.  I have been involved in ASL groups and storytelling groups for hearing impaired persons.

Upon completing a degree in Deaf Education at the Stephen F. Austin State University, I decided to look into another field of study.  I decided to work towards a degree in Library and Information Sciences.  Storytelling has been a major part of my life.  So I chose to fill my electives with storytelling classes. 

I enjoy telling any genre of story.  My favorite types of story are children’s stories.  My heart goes out to children.  I enjoy seeing their faces when they are involved in the story. 

I learned sign language when I was 8 years old.  I began to interpret in church when I was 14 years old.  I have been a member of the sign language choir at my church for about 10 years.  We have traveled all over Texas “singing” at other churches and organizations.  I even signed the National Anthem at the beginning of a Dallas Sidekicks game.