STORYTELLER BIOGRAPHY

LINDA McMILLAN

Fort Worth, Texas

I am a native Texan, born and raised in Fort Worth. I have one brother who I am blessed to call my best friend. I live with my Father who is a great inspiration in my life. I have countless friends and family members that I enjoy spending time with. I also have two Goddaughters….Hannah, age 5, and Rachel, age 16. I am currently enrolled in the Library Sciences Program at the University of North Texas and hope to graduate in 2005. I work two part-time jobs and during the baseball season, I also work as an usher for the Fort Worth Cats Baseball Club.

M.S. Candidate School of Library and Information Sciences
Denton, TX

B.S. in Mass Communication with an emphasis in Journalism

Texas Wesleyan College

Fort Worth, Texas

I’ve been writing stories, poetry and letters since I was in the 5th grade – so it was natural for me to be attracted to storytelling. Some of my happiest childhood memories involve my Mom spending countless hours reading to my brother and me. I am amazed at the power of storytelling. Stories come to life when told – it adds a depth to the story that you just can’t get from reading. I enjoy telling stories about Texas, stories written by Texas authors and sharing some my own personal experiences.

In my spare time I love to cook, read, watch old movies and work in the yard. I really enjoy trying new crafts…so far I’ve tried papermaking, weaving, counted cross stitch, and pottery to name a few. I enjoy singing and listening to music. I am active in my church and help out with youth activities when I have the time.

Recently I started my first collection. I collect Cow Parade figures. I haven’t figured out why I like these things, but every time I look at them I smile.