STORYTELLER BIOGRAPHY

MICHAELA MOORE
Mansfield, Texas
moorma@mansfieldisd.org

I am the librarian at Thelma Jones Elementary School in Mansfield ISD.  I have been a public school educator for 12 years.  I am the wife of a junior high school choir teacher and the mother of two girls—one eleven and one eight.  My children and my job bring story into my daily life.

M.S. Candidate School of Library and Information Sciences
Denton, TX

Bachelors in Education with Major hours in Drama
Howard Payne University
Brownwood, Texas
1991

I have always been a storyteller.  Story is how I mainly communicate with friends and family.  When I began teaching, I grew a love of writing my stories down and sharing them with my classes as we worked on our writing skills together.  The storytelling classes I have taken at the University of North Texas have kindled a joy of storytelling deep within me.  I now use storytelling in all my classes at the elementary school where I am the librarian.  I have used puppets, felt boards, computers, drawing boards, finger games, action songs, and any other wonderful tool I can devise to tell stories to children.  I am only hindered by my own imagination.

I love to read, travel, write, watch movies, and play games with my wonderful children.  My secret passion is singing.  My dream is to someday live in the mountains and have my own horse, swimming pool, and hot tub.