NAVIGATION:     HOMEPAGE    WELCOME    CONCERT    FUN STUFF    FAREWELL

Storyteller Biography

Cayla Gamwell
El Paso, TX
cgamwell@yisd.net

I was born and raised in El Paso, TX and I still call it home. I married my childhood sweetheart, who inspires me to be a better, stronger person. Because of him, I have been able to accomplish all of my goals in life. I graduated from the University of Texas at El Paso with a degree in elementary education almost three years ago, and I've been teaching ever since. I am studying to become a librarian in hopes of working in an elementary library where I can still be surrounded by kids. Speaking of kids, my husband and I are expecting our first baby in October. We can't wait!

Candidate, M.S. in Library Science
Denton, TX

B.A. in Elementary Education
University of Texas at El Paso
El Paso, TX

Storytelling is a part of my every day life. Teaching allows me to share stories with my students on a daily basis. We share stories from books, as well as stories from real life. My students motivate me to become a better storyteller because I try to make the stories come alive for them, all the while capturing their attention (which isn't always easy). I have tried to create situations in which my students can become storytellers of their own and "WOW" the crowd.

In the Advanced Storytelling course, I have learned techniques that have made me become a better storyteller. I hope to incorporate these new found skills in my daily read-alouds, as well as in my upcoming librarian career.

In my free time, I enjoy spending time with family and friends. I also enjoy playing with my doggies, Charly and Honeybear. My husband and I love to travel and try to get away any time we can. I am looking forward to being a mommy and I can't wait to start this new chapter in my life.

PERMISSIONS GRANTED FOR USE OF ALL MULTIMEDIA RECORDINGS.

ALL COPYRIGHT PROTECTED STORIES ARE TOLD WITH PERMISSION RECEIVED IN
WRITING FROM PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS. PERMISSION DOCUMENTS ARE ON FILE IN THE
SCHOOL OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS.

All images and photograph originals are used with permission.

This Website Developed by the students of 5611 and Elizabeth Figa, Ph.D.

Copyright:  Elizabeth Figa, 2009