NAVIGATION:     HOMEPAGE    WELCOME    CONCERT    FUN STUFF    FAREWELL

Storyteller Biography

ASHLI MONTGOMERY
Lorena, TX
Ashli@AshliMontgomery.com

In introducing myself I always begin with, "I'm an Algebra teacher, I'm an obsessive reader, and I'm enamored by anything historical or vintage." While that explains my hobbies, in reality, I am the wearer of many hats. I am a football coach's wife which makes me proud, I am Mom to two really amazing kids which makes me useful, I am as much a student as I am a teacher which makes me balanced, and I am an advocate and volunteer which makes me blessed. I tease that I live a simple, charming life, yet it is absolutely true. In fact, I think I have a perfect life surrounded by magnificent people and events ... no wonder I have so many stories that I am bursting to tell!

Candidate, M.S. in Library Science
Candidate, Graduate Academic Certificate in Storytelling
Candidate, Graduate Academic Certificate in Youth Services
College of Information
Denton, TX

B.S. in Mathematics
College of Arts and Science
Tarleton State University
Stephenville, TX

Although I never realized it until I began my master's degree, storytelling has been a large part of my personality all my life. Up to that point, I thought that storytelling meant reading stories to anyone who would listen. Until then, I did not realize that my constant sharing of ideas, experiences, and dreams is actually storytelling. After two courses in storytelling, I now understand how powerful expression through stories can be when focused and practiced and told from the heart. My storytelling goals are to continue sharing bits of myself, motivating others, and entertaining the world with my stories for as long as a willing audience is available. Furthermore, in the future I intend to find more ways and more time to incorporate stories and storytelling into my Algebra classroom.

I began my journey to earn a Master of Science degree in Library Science in order to build an education foundation for the dreamed about day when my husband is a head football coach. Ideally, his position will enable me to be a strong voice for children and reading in our community. Along the way, my studies have opened not only doors of opportunity, but also my eyes to a myriad of possibilities. Today I dream of using my degree and my teaching experience to write a math curriculum that will merge together literature, stories, art, writing, and those horribly dreaded digits, numbers, and theories of mathematics.

PERMISSIONS GRANTED FOR USE OF ALL MULTIMEDIA RECORDINGS.

ALL COPYRIGHT PROTECTED STORIES ARE TOLD WITH PERMISSION RECEIVED IN
WRITING FROM PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS. PERMISSION DOCUMENTS ARE ON FILE IN THE
SCHOOL OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS.

All images and photograph originals are used with permission.

This Website Developed by the students of 5611 and Elizabeth Figa, Ph.D.

Copyright:  Elizabeth Figa, 2009