NAVIGATION:     HOMEPAGE    WELCOME    CONCERT    FUN STUFF    FAREWELL

Storyteller Biography

Leanne K. Taylor
Sugar Land, TX
gumbylee@gmail.com

My name is Leanne Kathryn Taylor, and I live in Sugar Land, Texas. Sugar Land is a growing city that resides on the Southwest side of Houston. I am married to a wonderful man that I just utterly adore more and more each day, and we have one daughter. She is our shining joy, our bright angel . . . our everything. I am a library media specialist now and have been for two years. Prior to that, I was a teacher for ten years. I taught in the fifth and seventh grades. I enjoyed teaching, but the library is the place to be in the educational profession! I get to do everything that I love with the kids and yet also am able to come home at a decent hour and spend the evening relaxing with my family. I am just reveling in the fact that I do not have to do all of that cumbersome paperwork anymore, Hallelujah. My interests are reading, hiking, biking, painting, and spending time with my family.

I never really have gotten into true storytelling, that is, I have never done it without the book in front of my face. Next year will be my first time to try. I did get started in reading aloud while I was teaching. I saw so many benefits in my well being as a teacher and my students. We were all calmer and had common ground on which to share personal experiences.

As for storytelling involvement, this is my only class that deals with storytelling. I have hired storytellers for the school that I work at, and I have seen storytellers perform while I attended the Texas Librarian Conference.

I like to read all genres. I am drawn to strong women characters. I am not sure why, I don't consider myself to be any type of a feminist. I just like the action.

Candidate, M.S. in Library Science
College of Information
Denton, Texas

M.S. in Gifted and Talented Education
A & M University
College Station, Texas

B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies
Abilene Christian University
Abilene, Texas

I love my faith and family more than anything. I wake up every day grateful for that.

PERMISSIONS GRANTED FOR USE OF ALL MULTIMEDIA RECORDINGS.

ALL COPYRIGHT PROTECTED STORIES ARE TOLD WITH PERMISSION RECEIVED IN
WRITING FROM PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS. PERMISSION DOCUMENTS ARE ON FILE IN THE
SCHOOL OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS.

All images and photograph originals are used with permission.

This Website Developed by the students of 5611 and Elizabeth Figa, Ph.D.

Copyright:  Elizabeth Figa, 2009