JOURNEY TALES:        HOMEPAGE        WELCOME        CONCERT        FUNSTUFF        CONCLUSION

JANET HENDERSON

Lubbock, TX
janhen@cox.net

I hale from Ft. Worth, Texas, where I spent the first eighteen years of my life. Upon graduation from college in 1977, my husband, Steve, and I journeyed to Boston in order for him to continue graduate work.  However, life is full of vicissitudes, as my dad was always fond of reminding me; thus our two-year sojourn evolved into an eight-year stay. We returned to Texas in 1985 and have spent the intervening years hopscotching around the Lone Star State, living and working in Dallas, Waco, Austin, San Angelo, and finally coming to a stop in Lubbock. Over the years, I have been a legal secretary, a court clerk, a stay-at-home mom, and a librarian.  Steve and I have two teenage children who keep us young; failing that, they keep us on our toes.

M.S. Candidate School of Library and Information Science
Candidate Graduate Academic Certificate in Youth Services
University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
Graduate School of Library and Information Science

Learning Resources Endorsement (School Librarian Certification)

B.S. Political Science and Sociology
with Secondary Teaching Certificate
East Texas State University, Commerce, Texas

I am a recent convert to storytelling. My journey along this particular path began with my participation in an introductory storytelling course in the Spring 2006 semester.  I am now “hooked” on this art form and look forward to honing my skills.  Although I love stories of all kinds, I particularly enjoy telling personal narratives and family stories. Through a class research project, I was recently introduced to Japanese folklore and have developed a strong interest in this culturally rich taletype, as well.