NAVIGATION:          HOMEPAGE          WELCOME          CONCERT           FUNSTUFF           FEEDBACK

Stories and Songs Around the Campfire

Storyteller Biography  

Ann G. Clark

Fort Worth, TX
annglc@yahoo.com

I am originally from Minnesota but claim Louisiana as my home.  I grew up in South Louisiana, my mother and sister still live there.  I was also fortunate to live in the Shenandoah Valley, in Virginia, for nine years.  I moved to the Fort Worth area seven years ago.  I have 5 children, 3 of whom have families.  I have six grandchildren, number seven will enter this world in early June.  My mother is 88 and still very active in the church and community, as well as with her family.  I work as a teacher/librarian in an elementary school.  I love to spend time with family, tell stories, read, and travel, which happen to be my best sources for my stories.

M.S. Library and Information Science
(School Librarian)
Denton, Texas

B.S. Elementary Education
Nicholls State University
Thibodeaux, Louisiana

I began telling stories at an early age and have reveled in telling tales from the past.  Of course, I have my favorites and love to retell them, often.  According to my children, sometimes I retell them too often.  As a classroom teacher, I had a captive audience.  I believe in using literature to introduce all types of units.  Often, instead of reading a book, I would tell stories for the introduction.  I was working on my Masters in Early Childhood Education when I took a storytelling course with Dr. Figa, at UNT.  That was the turning point, I switched my major and graduated 14 months later with my Masters in Library Science. 

I have the pleasure of having an indoor planetarium to use with librarian lessons.  Using the planetarium, I incorporate research and storytelling.  The culmination of the unit is two sessions (thirty classes participate in the storytelling sessions) of storytelling inside the planetarium while gazing at the stars.

I am currently doing research about constellations and mythology.  I will turn the information into wonderful stories that will extend the children’s interest in science.  This will be very useful with storytelling in the planetarium. 

To view the storytelling concert performance videos, download FREE RealPlayer:
http://www.realone.com/realplayer.html

PERMISSIONS GRANTED FOR USE OF ALL MULTIMEDIA RECORDINGS.
ALL COPYRIGHT PROTECTED STORIES ARE TOLD WITH PERMISSION RECEIVED IN WRITING FROM
PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS AS STATED IN THE VIDEOS AND ALL DOCUMENTS ARE ON FILE IN THE
SCHOOL OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS.
© Elizabeth Figa, 2005