NAVIGATION:          HOMEPAGE          WELCOME          CONCERT           FUNSTUFF           FEEDBACK

Stories and Songs Around the Campfire

Storyteller Biography  

Rhonda Crow

Raymondville, Texas
rcrow@lfisd.esc1.net

I am originally from Lebo, Kansas and have lived in Texas over twenty years.  My life consists of my husband, Jimmy, also an educator, his adult daughter, Dina, and her daughter, Mikayla.  We have one dog, Beethoven, four indoor cats, and were adopted by 30 stray cats.  I am the youngest of my family. I came 22, 20, 18, and 16 years after my brothers and sisters, an aunt to 7 nieces and nephews, and a great aunt to their children.

M.S. Library and Information Science
University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
Candidate for graduation
Graduate School of Library and Information Science

BS.E Elementary
Emporia State University
Emporia, Kansas
School of Elementary Education

Associated Arts
Neosho County Community Jr. College
Chanute, Kansas
General Studies

I have always loved a good story, especially when it was about the good old days.  My mother would tell me when as a small child, I would make them mad when I pulled up my little wooden rocking chair and ask them to tell me about the “good ole days.” During college I use to baby sit for one of my professors.  One night the professor’s child came up and asked me to tell him about the “good ole days”, (I was barely 20 at the time).  I knew at that moment what mom had meant.

When I became a teacher I saw how I had my student’s attention when I would tell stories, especially about what life was like for me, when I was their age. Then as I would introduce new ideas, famous people or historical events, I would do so in a story mode, the students would come alive and wanted to hear more and often would rush to the library to read more about what they had heard.

I love to read.  There were times when I only read only one kind of genre and nothing else.  Now I am proud to say I am expanding my list of need to or want to reads. I have a collection of dolls, small John Deere items, cookbooks, and antiques, all which were bought only when “they spoke to me”.  I have made my own clothes and quilted. Recently have began my hand at scrap booking.

To view the storytelling concert performance videos, download FREE RealPlayer:
http://www.realone.com/realplayer.html

PERMISSIONS GRANTED FOR USE OF ALL MULTIMEDIA RECORDINGS.
ALL COPYRIGHT PROTECTED STORIES ARE TOLD WITH PERMISSION RECEIVED IN WRITING FROM
PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS AS STATED IN THE VIDEOS AND ALL DOCUMENTS ARE ON FILE IN THE
SCHOOL OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS.
© Elizabeth Figa, 2005