NAVIGATION:          HOMEPAGE          WELCOME          CONCERT           FUNSTUFF           FEEDBACK

Stories and Songs Around the Campfire

Storyteller Biography  

Jenny Flores

Shallowater, Texas
jennysflores@yahoo.com

I am a native of El Paso, Texas, land of beautiful sunsets and desert mountains.  At the turn of the century, I moved with my family to the Lubbock, Texas area and became a prairie flatlander.  I am married to Rick Flores, who is a director at Covenant Medical System, and we have two children, Madeleine and Oliver.  I am the librarian at Estacado High School and am currently working on my master’s degree in library and information science at the University of North Texas.

M.S. Library and Information Science
University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
Candidate for graduation
Graduate School of Library and Information Sciences

M.A. English – Professional Writing and Rhetoric
University of Texas at El Paso
Thesis:  An Ethnographic Study of Paralegals at the Law Firm of Kemp, Smith, Duncan & Hammond

ABA-approved Certificate in Paralegal Studies
Southwestern Paralegal Institute

B.A. English Literature
University of Texas at El Paso
Graduated with Highest Honors

I believe we are all storytellers, since we constantly communicate with our families and friends through storytelling.  My formal interest in storytelling began when I took storytelling classes while working on my MLIS degree at the University of North Texas.  Since then, I have told stories on-line, at schools, my church, and to my family.  I love telling folk and fairy tales, scary stories, and stories about my pets. 

I enjoy books, especially young adult literature.  I am also an avid exerciser when I have the time, and like to jog, swim, and play tennis (although I am not very good!)  I live on 20 acres of former farm land in the southern Texas plains and am planning a project to restore the property to short grass prairie.

To view the storytelling concert performance videos, download FREE RealPlayer:
http://www.realone.com/realplayer.html

PERMISSIONS GRANTED FOR USE OF ALL MULTIMEDIA RECORDINGS.
ALL COPYRIGHT PROTECTED STORIES ARE TOLD WITH PERMISSION RECEIVED IN WRITING FROM
PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS AS STATED IN THE VIDEOS AND ALL DOCUMENTS ARE ON FILE IN THE
SCHOOL OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS.
© Elizabeth Figa, 2005