NAVIGATION:          HOMEPAGE          WELCOME          CONCERT           FUNSTUFF           FEEDBACK

Stories and Songs Around the Campfire

Storyteller Biography  

Linda Smith Holder

LYTLE, TX
linda.holder@somerset.k12.tx.us

I was born and raised in a small town in Illinois.  I grew up listening to stories told by my grandmother, aunt, parents, and many older people around me.  It seemed that everywhere I looked there were stories just waiting to be heard and written.  I am the youngest of four and have traveled with my missionary parents as far south as Honduras, spending time at many of the ruins in Central America and Mexico.  I heard stories told by descendents of Mayas and Aztecs, and sat around campfires where the spirits came to listen to their stories being told. 

M.S. Library and Information Science
University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
Candidate for graduation
Graduate School of Library and Information Science

B.S. in Science
University of Texas Pan American
Edinburg, TX
Majoring in All Level Health, Physical Education, and Secondary English
I also have certification in Reading and Library Science.

A.A. in Social Studies
Graceland University
Lamoni, Iowa

I have been involved in historical pageants since before I could walk.  I was given the part of the child who got trampled by the horses because I could look so dead.  But directing campfires and leading children’s plays has been my main work in the storytelling world.  I have directed campfires and taught campfire classes for church, girl scouts, and cubs scouts for about forty years and still have a lot to learn. 

My latest adventures into storytelling have taken me behind stage where I write, direct, and produce children’s plays for my church.  This work is the ultimate in storytelling because the children become the tellers of stories that come alive as they are acted out on the stage. 

As I have progressed through the many stages of my life, I have grown into a greater knowledge of my world.  In this growth I have found the music of my soul.  I play and compose music for my Native American flute, and in the playing I gain a greater appreciation of sunsets and sunrises, rain and rainbows, oceans and beaches.  I have been privileged to work with the carver of my flute and have just received my drum so new learning starts again.  May the Great Spirit blow winds of peace across your life.

To view the storytelling concert performance videos, download FREE RealPlayer:
http://www.realone.com/realplayer.html

PERMISSIONS GRANTED FOR USE OF ALL MULTIMEDIA RECORDINGS.
ALL COPYRIGHT PROTECTED STORIES ARE TOLD WITH PERMISSION RECEIVED IN WRITING FROM
PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS AS STATED IN THE VIDEOS AND ALL DOCUMENTS ARE ON FILE IN THE
SCHOOL OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS.
© Elizabeth Figa, 2005