NAVIGATION:          HOMEPAGE          WELCOME          CONCERT           FUNSTUFF           FEEDBACK

Stories and Songs Around the Campfire

Storyteller Biography  

Shirley Vasquez

Helotes, TX
Shirjar95@hotmail.com

I grew up in The Rio Grande Valley.  I graduated from college in 1996 from The University of Texas at San Antonio.  I am married to Jarzinho and have two wonderful children.  I have a six-year-old named Hannah and a seven month old named Lillie.  I have been a teacher for nine years.  I currently teach first grade.  I enjoy reading, cooking, and spending time with my family.

M.S. Library and Information Science
University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
Candidate for graduation
Graduate School of Library and Information Science

Teacher Certification
University of Texas at Brownsville
Brownsville, Texas

Bachelor of Arts of Psychology
University of Texas at San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas 

From the first time that my Grandma bought me a “Little Golden Book” I knew that I enjoyed telling stories.  My parents would tuck me in at night and I would retell the story in my own words.  I love the way it feels entertaining an audience (usually my first grade students).  I began storytelling after taking a Storytelling class while pursuing my Masters in Library and Information Science. I enjoy telling Mexican-American Folktales.  Having lived in The Rio Grande Valley I heard many folktales growing up.  I also like telling stories that are from my personal history.

To view the storytelling concert performance videos, download FREE RealPlayer:
http://www.realone.com/realplayer.html

PERMISSIONS GRANTED FOR USE OF ALL MULTIMEDIA RECORDINGS.
ALL COPYRIGHT PROTECTED STORIES ARE TOLD WITH PERMISSION RECEIVED IN WRITING FROM
PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS AS STATED IN THE VIDEOS AND ALL DOCUMENTS ARE ON FILE IN THE
SCHOOL OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS.
© Elizabeth Figa, 2005