NAVIGATION:                  HOMEPAGE                  WELCOME                  CONCERT                  FEEDBACK

Storyteller Biography

KIMBERLY GARDNER

My name is Kim Gardner.  I am a wife, mother and teacher.  I teach eighth and ninth grade English in the Dallas Forth Worth area.  I love to read and have been in a book club for over seven years.  Scrapbooking is another passion of mine.  Unfortunately, I don’t get to do it nearly as much as I would like.  To me, scrap booking is not only pasting pictures and paper together; it is making a story book of my children’s lives and our life as a family.  Storytelling is fast becoming another interest of mine.  I feel like much of my life revolves around stories; from the ones I read in class with my students, to the “stories” my children tell me when things go wrong at home or school,  to the scrapbooks I make for my family.

I attended Texas Christian University for my undergraduate degree where I majored in history and minored in English.  While there I earned my teaching certificate also.  Currently I am a graduate student at the University of North Texas.  I plan to graduate with my Master’s degree in library science in August 2005.

It was at the University of North Texas that I first became involved in storytelling.  I heard through the grapevine that it was terrific course.  All the “rumors” I heard were true.  I really began to love the art of storytelling and wanted to take it further than just the introductory course.  I have made it a personal goal to, at least once, tell a story in front of a real, live audience possibly in a live story telling concert.

To view the storytelling concert performance videos, download FREE RealPlayer:
http://www.realone.com/realplayer.html

Hit Counter

Number of Visitors

IMAGES FROM THE CEILING TILE DIGITAL IMAGE PROJECT OF CHERI EASTWOOD. 
USED WITH PERMISSION OF THE PHOTOGRAPHER, CHERI EASTWOOD.
 © Cheri Eastwood, 2004

PERMISSIONS GRANTED FOR USE OF ALL AUDIO RECORDINGS.
ALL COPYRIGHT PROTECTED STORIES ARE TOLD WITH PERMISSION RECEIVED IN WRITING FROM
PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS AS STATED IN THE VIDEOS AND ALL DOCUMENTS ARE ON FILE IN THE
SCHOOL OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS.
© Elizabeth Figa, 2004