NAVIGATION:                  HOMEPAGE                  WELCOME                  CONCERT                  FEEDBACK

Storyteller Biography

ELLEN HAYES
Las Vegas, NV
lnbode@cox.net

I was in a suburb of Illinois, but my family moved to Texas when I was nine.  Most of my education and upbringing occurred in Plano, Texas.  I moved to Las Vegas in 1998 and started my teaching career.  There I met my husband, Brian, and we were married St. Patrickís day three years ago.  We now have a beautiful 15 month old baby girl named Abbey.  I teach English at Mojave High School. I will be graduating from the University of North Texas School of Library Science in August 2004 from the first Las Vegas Cohort.

M.S. Candidate School of Library and Information Sciences
Denton, TX

M.A. in English
University of Texas San Antonio

B.A. in English
St. Maryís University
San Antonio, Texas

I love writing stories and poems and have a background in speech and drama and storytelling seems a great way to combine all these talents and interests.  I havenít performed in public before, but am very much interested in pursuing storytelling opportunities in the future.  I donít have a preference of tale type; I just like to tell stories that touch me personally.  I just beginning to understand my potential to effect an audience. I am spiritual, though, and so are often touched by stories of faith and courage.

In my spare time I like games--card, trivia, board, whatever.  I also love hiking and camping and am beginning to get into kayaking with my husband.  I love reading and writing poetry and fiction. I am at a crossroads in my career and future and am looking forward to changes life may bring!!!

To view the storytelling concert performance videos, download FREE RealPlayer:
http://www.realone.com/realplayer.html

Hit Counter

Number of Visitors

IMAGES FROM THE CEILING TILE DIGITAL IMAGE PROJECT OF CHERI EASTWOOD. 
USED WITH PERMISSION OF THE PHOTOGRAPHER, CHERI EASTWOOD.
 © Cheri Eastwood, 2004 ē

PERMISSIONS GRANTED FOR USE OF ALL AUDIO RECORDINGS.
ALL COPYRIGHT PROTECTED STORIES ARE TOLD WITH PERMISSION RECEIVED IN WRITING FROM
PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS AS STATED IN THE VIDEOS AND ALL DOCUMENTS ARE ON FILE IN THE
SCHOOL OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS.
© Elizabeth Figa, 2004