NAVIGATION:                  HOMEPAGE                  WELCOME                  CONCERT                  FEEDBACK

Storyteller Biography

CYNTHIA HINCKLEY

Hi my name is Cynthia Hinckley. I grew up in Kearns Utah, suburb of Salt Lake City. I still live in the area within walking distance of where I grew up. Although I am not an official mother to anyone I have been fortunate enough to have some great kids in my world who I love like my own, especially my two year old boy Cameron. He, his mom, his grandma and I share a home with a dog Piko, the cat Eykis and 5 fish.

I have a Masters degree in Library and Information Sciences from the University of North Texas, with a Graduate Academic Certificate in Youth Services and in Storytelling.

I received my Bachelors degree from Southern Utah University with a major in psychology. I work for the Salt Lake County Library System as a Youth Services Librarian.

I fell in love with storytelling after attending the Timpanogos Storytelling Festival in Orem Utah five years ago. I was also lucky enough to have two storytelling classes while pursuing my Masters degree. I am adding storytelling to my children’s programs.

My claim to fame is that I was at Bush Stadium when Mark Maguire hit homerun number 62. I also have a collection of Eeyores that need there own room. In my spare time (when I have any) I enjoy weight lifting, sports of all kinds and crocheting.

To view the storytelling concert performance videos, download FREE RealPlayer:
http://www.realone.com/realplayer.html

Hit Counter

Number of Visitors

IMAGES FROM THE CEILING TILE DIGITAL IMAGE PROJECT OF CHERI EASTWOOD. 
USED WITH PERMISSION OF THE PHOTOGRAPHER, CHERI EASTWOOD.
 © Cheri Eastwood, 2004

PERMISSIONS GRANTED FOR USE OF ALL AUDIO RECORDINGS.
ALL COPYRIGHT PROTECTED STORIES ARE TOLD WITH PERMISSION RECEIVED IN WRITING FROM
PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS AS STATED IN THE VIDEOS AND ALL DOCUMENTS ARE ON FILE IN THE
SCHOOL OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS.
© Elizabeth Figa, 2004