NAVIGATION:                  HOMEPAGE                  WELCOME                  CONCERT                  FEEDBACK

Storyteller Biography

KRISTEN SCHMID

Hi, I am Kristen Schmid. I have lived in Texas for 6 years. I have 2 children, a son who is 5 and a daughter who is 2. They, along with my husband, are the joy of my life. I was a teacher for 12 years when I decided to take a break so that I could raise my children. I now work part time for my church. I supervise 20 nursery and preschool workers, recruit and organize 150 volunteers and write the preschool curriculum. I give my teachers a break from teaching now and then by storytelling to their classes.

I received a B.S. degree in Elementary Education and a B.S. degree in Early Childhood Development from Clarion University of Pennsylvania.

I am receiving my Master’s degree in Library and Information Sciences from the University of North Texas.

My favorite past time is to go camping with my family. We love to bike, hike, and best of all tell stories around the camp fire. I have always loved telling and listening to stories. My interest was piqued when I took my first story telling class in my undergraduate work. I new from the first story that this is what I needed to be doing! I finally felt like I had come home. I transferred this love to my classroom, where I taught my students through stories. My students never knew who their teacher would be on any given day!

I am currently volunteering to story tell at my local library. I do Thursday night Family Pajama time. It gives me great joy to watch how involved the children get!

To view the storytelling concert performance videos, download FREE RealPlayer:
http://www.realone.com/realplayer.html

Hit Counter

Number of Visitors

IMAGES FROM THE CEILING TILE DIGITAL IMAGE PROJECT OF CHERI EASTWOOD. 
USED WITH PERMISSION OF THE PHOTOGRAPHER, CHERI EASTWOOD.
 © Cheri Eastwood, 2004

PERMISSIONS GRANTED FOR USE OF ALL AUDIO RECORDINGS.
ALL COPYRIGHT PROTECTED STORIES ARE TOLD WITH PERMISSION RECEIVED IN WRITING FROM
PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS AS STATED IN THE VIDEOS AND ALL DOCUMENTS ARE ON FILE IN THE
SCHOOL OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS.
© Elizabeth Figa, 2004