NAVIGATION:                  HOMEPAGE                  WELCOME                  CONCERT                  FEEDBACK

Storyteller Biography

BOBBIE JO WALKER
(on right)

I was born on a navy base in California and have been traveling ever since.  After graduating from college, I joined a touring group called Covenant Players. With this group, I was able to travel in the United States, Canada, Japan, and Korea. Besides meeting some great people, who became life-long friends, I was also able to see different cultures and broaden my perspective. Later, I came back to San Antonio where my parents lived and taught for a year. Once again my feet took to wandering and I left to go to Houston to join a theatre company. After three years, I decided to change careers and moved backed to San Antonio to pursue my master in Library Science. I will be graduating this December and look forward to being a member of this distinguish profession.

M.S. Candidate School of Library and Information Sciences
Denton, TX

B.A. in Theatre Arts
Texas State University
San Marcos, TX

Ever since I could hold a pencil, I have written down my thoughts and dreams. A stack of journals in my closet testifies to this. Another part of my life, which has always been in the background, is performing. When I was little, me and the neighborhood kids would perform shows for our parents. Also, my mom would read to me when I was growing up and instilled a love of literature and reading. This combination of using word pictures to express myself, my momís influence and acting background lead me to storytelling. I donít have a specific type I tell but do have a soft spot for fantasy and/or childrenís stories. Also, much of my storytelling has been in the form of acting. However, I look forward to expanding my storytelling experiences as I incorporate my past acting career into this new venue. For me, storytelling opens a new horizon to its audience and joins them in the journey of walking in the charactersí world.

Besides anything Celtic, Iím also interested in history. To feed this interest, I belong to an international recreation society called SCA, which is formed for the study, education, and reacting of the middle ages and renaissance. We also have a lot of fun and pretend the world of deadlines and bills doesnít exist for a couple of hours.

Another interest of mine is dance. Iíve taking classes in anything offered from Ballet to Latin. Currently, Iím learning English and Scottish Country dances. Another big part of my life is my beliefs and relationship with my Lord Jesus Christ who allows me to grow and walks with me through any challenges include graduate school. 

To view the storytelling concert performance videos, download FREE RealPlayer:
http://www.realone.com/realplayer.html

Hit Counter

Number of Visitors

IMAGES FROM THE CEILING TILE DIGITAL IMAGE PROJECT OF CHERI EASTWOOD. 
USED WITH PERMISSION OF THE PHOTOGRAPHER, CHERI EASTWOOD.
 © Cheri Eastwood, 2004 ē

PERMISSIONS GRANTED FOR USE OF ALL AUDIO RECORDINGS.
ALL COPYRIGHT PROTECTED STORIES ARE TOLD WITH PERMISSION RECEIVED IN WRITING FROM
PUBLISHERS AND AUTHORS AS STATED IN THE VIDEOS AND ALL DOCUMENTS ARE ON FILE IN THE
SCHOOL OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS.
© Elizabeth Figa, 2004