<bgsound src="lead.mp3" loop=1>

NAVIGATION:  HOMEPAGE     INTRODUCTION     CONCERT     FUN FACTS     CONCLUSION     SURVEY

Name

Pearland, Tx
librariansti@gmail.com

I am a lifelong resident of Pearland Texas southeast of Houston. I attended University in Fort Worth and moved back home to work on my Masters in Library Science. Currently I am the Young Adult Librarian for the Friendswood Public Library in Friendswood Texas. I mainly work with Intermediate, Junior High, and High School Students who enjoy spending time in the library. I love these age groups more than I thought possible, and especially love to share stories of my life experiences with them.

B.A. History
Texas Christian University, Fort Worth Texas
AddRan College of Liberal Arts

STORYTELLING INTEREST

I've found I have a wide range of interest in story types, but among my favorites are those about my friends and families. I have a special place in my heart for stories about how people met their spouses or significant others, especially if they met under strange circumstances!

Two summers ago I traveled in Australia for a month doing conservation work and sightseeing up the east coast. It was probably the most amazing thing I have ever had the opportunity to do. I met wonderful people and did amazing things I never thought I would do. For this reason, a lot of stories I tell to family and friends are about Australia and the things I experienced there from skydiving to snorkeling with a sea turtle to petting wombats to wandering around Sydney looking for vegetarian food! This summer a few of us are planning a reunion in England to travel together and renew our close friendships, and I hope to have lots of new stories this time next year!