<bgsound src="lead.mp3" loop=1>

NAVIGATION:  HOMEPAGE     INTRODUCTION     CONCERT     FUN FACTS     CONCLUSION     SURVEY

Jaime Eastman

Carrollton, TX
jaimeeastman@my.unt.edu

While I live in Texas now, I have lived all over, including Michigan, Tennessee, Wisconsin, and Ohio. Still, Texas is where I consider home, and this is where I plan to stay for a while. I am a graduate student at the University of North Texas, working on my Masters degree in library science in the youth services program. I plan to graduate in May 2010, also earning graduate academic certificates in youth services, storytelling, and management. I spend most of my time doing schoolwork, working at my part-time job, or hanging out with my mom, sister, and friends.

Candidate, Master of Science in Library and Information Sciences
Candidate, Graduate Academic Certificate in Youth Services
Candidate, Graduate Academic Certificate in Storytelling
Candidate, Graduate Academic Certificate in Advanced Management in Libraries and Information Agencies
College of Information, Library Science, and Technologies
Denton, Texas

Bachelor of Science in Information Science
Minor in English
School of Library and Information Science
Denton, Texas
Summa cum Laude

STORYTELLING INTEREST

I have always enjoyed stories, whether listening to them or telling them. Growing up, I had the opportunity to listen to many stories read aloud from books, and that set the foundation for my storytelling background. However, my journey as a storyteller did not begin until I enrolled in a beginning storytelling class last fall, when I began work on my Masters degree. I am now in my second storytelling class, and the experiences are teaching me even more about the craft and my personal storytelling style. So far, my performances have only been for class assignments, but I hope to continue to develop as a storyteller in the future. My favorite stories to tell are those about my home state of Texas, especially those that relate to the history and legends of our culture. Most of my performances so far focus on this area. I also enjoy telling personal stories that share part of who I am with my audience.

I have many loves and hobbies, but the foremost among them are reading and scrapbooking. I love reading and will read just about anything, but my favorites include historical fiction and contemporary fiction novels. I also enjoy experimenting with various creative projects, so scrapbooking provides me with an opportunity to design and explore while preserving my memories. I also enjoy creative writing. In my spare time, I enjoy volunteering at a local elementary school and reading stories to a first grade class. The experiences that I have with them cement my love of reading and youth services every time I visit!