<bgsound src="lead.mp3" loop=1>

NAVIGATION:  HOMEPAGE     INTRODUCTION     CONCERT     FUN FACTS     CONCLUSION     SURVEY

Kristina Drury

Henderson, NV
druryk2@gmail.com

I was born and raised in the Las Vegas Valley, and have been a resident of Henderson for the last 13 years of my life. I began working at the Paseo Verde Library when I was 17 as a page, and I have moved around to different positions, but I currently reside as a Youth Services Specialist. History and anthropology are my loves, and as such the stories of various cultures and random factoids are some of my favorite things to talk about and discuss.

Candidate, M.S. in Library and Information Sciences
Candidate, Graduate Academic Certificate in Storytelling
Candidate, Graduate Academic Certificate in Youth Services in Libraries and Information Settings
Denton, Texas

B.A. History
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
College of Liberal Arts

STORYTELLING INTEREST

I am a sucker for a good fairy tale, and I always love telling stories about various cultures and learning the history behind it. I was interested in acting and singing in high school, and performed mostly bit parts for acting, but was in the show choir and had a few solos, and the stage bug bit me. Now I enjoy "performing" for my groups of young children in storytimes, and try to have a couple of off-book puppet shows and skits ready that I know they will enjoy. This is my second storytelling class.

My original career path was not going to be librarian; instead I wanted to work in forensic anthropology dealing with homicide victims. Then I started working at the library and it fit into my already bibliophile lifestyle. I still get my kicks by watching Bones on TV though, and I am always on the lookout for new books and journals about bones and the body.

I am also a Disney freak and my desk is full of toys and memorabilia, including my personal favorite, a Mickey Mouse snow globe that is designed like the famous "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign. In addition to that I have an unhealthy obsession with rubber ducks, and like to find weird ones in my travels. I even have a UNT Mean Green football rubber duck, and I have taped a graduation rubber duck onto it to remind me to do my homework!