<bgsound src="lead.mp3" loop=1>

NAVIGATION:  HOMEPAGE     INTRODUCTION     CONCERT     FUN FACTS     CONCLUSION     SURVEY

Lisa Collins

ejoecollins@yahoo.com

Born in Spain and with a father in the Air Force, I have lived in several interesting and exciting places. Marrying into the Air Force many years later, my husband, Joe, and I and our three children still move to different places all around the world. While we wait for Joe to reach retirement three years from now, I stay home and teach the kids, go to school, and spend my time discovering stories and experiences to share.

Candidate for Masters in Library and Information Sciences
Candidate for Graduate Certificate in Storytelling
Candidate for Graduate Certificate in Youth Services
University of North Texas -- Denton
College of Learning and Information Technologies

B.S. Biology
New Mexico State University
College of Arts and Sciences

Associate of Arts
New Mexico State University - Alamogordo

STORYTELLING INTEREST

I grew up in a family of unconsciously natural storytellers. My father in particular can cast a nostalgic spell and then regale the audience with a rowdy tale that has them holding their sides. It was easy for me to find my way into performing stories at many different levels. While I have concentrated on the sciences for my education, my fun times involved literature, drama, and music. I've participated in the theater, chancel dramas, and am currently the "Storytime Lady" for our library's preschoolers. I tend to turn even a small explanation into a performance, often complete with sound effects and music. Reserved is not a word often associated with my personality but I find enjoyment in sharing my stories and experiences in a way designed to entertain -- nothing is too mundane if you tell it the right way.