<bgsound src="lead.mp3" loop=1>

NAVIGATION:  HOMEPAGE     INTRODUCTION     CONCERT     FUN FACTS     CONCLUSION     SURVEY

Nathan Jones

St. Helens, Oregon
nrjones25@comcast.net

We all tell stories throughout our lives, but it takes a reason to move from the backyard storyteller to the next level . . . whatever that may be. For me it probably started while I was working as a preschool teacher. We hired performers once a year to come and tell stories for the kids, and at the time, I thought it was pretty cool work. Now I work with performers all the time in my position as a youth librarian, and you can only watch these talented, creative people for so long before you have to try it out for yourself. When I’m not telling stories, I enjoy taking walks with my family, kayaking, and the study of history (primarily prehistory and medieval).

Candidate, M.S. Library Sciences
Candidate, Graduate Academic Certificate in Youth Services
Candidate, Graduate Academic Certificate in Storytelling
Candidate, Graduate Academic Certificate in Advanced Management in Libraries and Information Agencies
University of North Texas, Denton, TX
College of Information, Library Science, and Technologies

B.S. Educational Studies
Minor Special Education
University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon
College of Education

STORYTELLING INTEREST

Since I work with children, I like to tell adaptations of folk and fairy tales; taking simple tales and developing the characters within them. When I wrote for my high school newspaper my teacher would always tell me to, "flesh it out;" to give it more detail. So that is what I do now with my stories. I start with the bare bones of a plot or character everyone knows, and I add the sinews, the muscle and the skin that make it my own.