<bgsound src="lead.mp3" loop=1>

NAVIGATION:  HOMEPAGE     INTRODUCTION     CONCERT     FUN FACTS     CONCLUSION     SURVEY

Stacy Jensen

Brainerd, MN
stacyjensen@my.unt.edu

I was born and raised in the frozen state of Minnesota. I have two grown children; my son Jamie and a stepson Daniel. Thanks to them I got to be a Boy Scout leader for ten years. Currently I live with my companion Doug and our cat Jared. I spend my time ‘working’ at the Brainerd Public Library as the youth services supervisor. I love the job because I get to tell stories to people of all age groups.

Candidate, M.S. in Library and Information Sciences
Candidate, Graduate Academic Certificate in Advanced Management in Libraries and Information
Candidate, Graduate Academic Certificate in Storytelling
Graduate Academic Certificate in Youth Services
Denton, TX

Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Behavior
College of St. Scholastica
Duluth, MN
High Honors

Associate of Art General Studies
Central Lakes College
Brainerd, MN
High Honors

STORYTELLING INTEREST

My love of telling stories comes from my dislike of writing. I am much more comfortable standing in front of a group of people than I am alone with my computer. I feel that sharing stories is like eating, a necessity for life.

The first storytelling experience I had was sitting around a campfire telling ghost stories. This is a love that I have passed down to my children, and hopefully many other.

My favorite stories to tell are tall tales, folk lore and the old fairy tales.

I seem to collect collections; stamps, coins, comic books, etc. . . My largest collection is Coca Cola memorabilia. It was the love of organizing things that led to a career in librarianship.

Other hobbies that I try to pursue (when not in school) are crochet, ink stamps, origami, and other paper crafts.