<bgsound src="lead.mp3" loop=1>

NAVIGATION:  HOMEPAGE     INTRODUCTION     CONCERT     FUN FACTS     CONCLUSION     SURVEY

Tina Dunivant Ramirez

Laredo, Texas
ta1450@aol.com

I was born in Maryland but consider myself a Texan as I have lived here since I was only two years old. I have been fortunate to be a stay at home Mom for the last five years and will be getting back into the education field, hopefully as a librarian, as my son starts Kindergarten in August 2009.

Candidate, M.S. in Library Science
Candidate, Graduate Academic Certificate in Storytelling
Candidate, Graduate Academic Certificate in Youth Services
University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
College of Information, Library Science and Technologies

M.S. Early Childhood Education
University of Texas at San Antonio
College of Education

B.S. Applied Learning and Development with Honors
University of Texas at Austin
College of Education

STORYTELLING INTEREST

I am new to the world of storytelling as I began taking my classes in Fall 2008. Besides class assignments, my storytelling experience is limited to private naptime stories for my son and two mini-concerts for my son's PK class.

I look forward to building a repertoire of stories for children especially fairy tales and audience participation stories. I find fairy tales and their variations fascinating and exciting to learn and tell. I like the themes and ideals that are exemplified in fairy tales. Participation stories bring a new dimension to a storytelling performance as they actively bring the audience in to become part of the story.

Being a Mom has definitely given me many stories to tell -- some of which I am sure my son will not want me to tell as he gets a little older. I truly believe that motherhood and storyteller are two roles that go hand in hand as there are endless stories to tell about your children.