NAVIGATION:       HOMEPAGE       WELCOME       CONCERT       CONCLUSION      EXTRAS

Biography 0f the Performer

Jennifer Bobo Kiatta

Missouri City, Texas
jdkiatta@yahoo.com

I am a native Texan, but spent much of my childhood in England.  I was married to my best friend, David, in August 2006, and together we have six children.  I am currently working part-time from home and teaching an alternative teacher certification course, but was a middle school teacher and librarian for 10 years prior to this one.

M.S. Candidate School of Library and Information Science
Candidate Graduate Academic Certificate in Youth Services in Libraries
Candidate Graduate Academic Certificate in Storytelling                                 
University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
Graduate School of Library and Information Sciences

B.A. English
Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas

Storytelling is new for me.  I am finding in the learning process that I enjoy stories I can tell my young children.  They appreciate my new-found enjoyment in sharing stories with them.  I also enjoy rediscovering classic stories from my own youth.

Much of my life revolves around the Little League fields.  Selfishly, I enjoy yoga and Pilates.  I also take an avid interest in the issue of poverty in my community.  My husband and I have recently started a foundation, called Faith Maranatha, to help at-risk young people find their way.  In addition, I tutor and assist a family of 13 underprivileged children.