NAVIGATION:       HOMEPAGE       WELCOME       CONCERT       CONCLUSION      EXTRAS

Biography 0f the Performer

Christina Lister

I was born in and have spent most of my wee life in Houston, Texas. However, I feel that I have grown up in Jacksonville, a rural east Texas town. It was there amidst cows, red dirt, and spurts of outdoor rain watching that I figured out who I am, what I like, and what I want out of life. So after graduating from the University of Houston, I promptly relocated to Jacksonville. Here I live with my family, which includes 50 chickens, 6 cats, 1 wayward dog, and a number of stray animals. In May 2008, I will successfully complete my Master in Library Science and venture boldly into telling, and maybe creating, stories for children in a library setting.

M.S. Candidate School of Library and Information Science
Graduate Academic Certificate in Youth Services in Libraries
Candidate Graduate Academic Certificate in Storytelling                               
University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
Graduate School of Library and Information Sciences

Bachelor of Arts in Sociology with a minor in Anthropology
University of Houston, May 2006

It all began as a young girl reading The Little House on the Prairie series, mythology, and the Bible. I frequently visited Jacksonville, Texas, where reading and aimless, yet imaginative, walking make a romantic couple. High on history and survival tales, I walked around a few pine acres, making up stories for the birds to hear about what type of foods to store and on how to capture Pan. Thus, it is no wonder that today my preferred story genres are historical, rural, creature, and Texan, all with a twist of mysticism.

Currently, I am completing my last library science course, Advanced Storytelling. I took Introduction to Storytelling a year ago. Before these classes, I was no stranger to storytelling because for over two years (2004 to 2006) I did story times at the First Colony Branch of Fort Bend County Libraries.

There is nothing quite as exciting as living in the country. Nature is exquisite and very entertaining. In fact, it is a real storehouse for stories. I hope that whenever I am able to purchase a house, it is far from anyone and I can have a whole flock of hens attacking the earth for munchies. That way both of our species can tell stories to the other and not receive strange looks.