NAVIGATION:     HOMEPAGE    WELCOME    CONCERT    EXTRAS    FAREWELL

FUN "EXTRAS"

Who is the Storyteller?
A Quiz

Welcome to the "Who is the Storyteller" Quiz! 

Instructions: after listening to all of the stories, test your own listening skills by answering each question with the name of a storyteller from the concert! 

1. Who might make you want to achieve more than you ever thought possible?

2. Who would you go to if you need to know where to find your boldness

3. Who might win for the best jam and jig ... AND ... for making you laugh so hard

4. Who makes you want to save your pennies?

5. Who shows you what radicalism can be

6. Who has heard a lot of whistling on the streets?

7. Who has a published author as a grandmother?

8. Who uses the quote, "We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough
"?

9. Who uses a quote when the following phase, "the human spirit is to grow strong by conflict"?

10. Who told a story of a girl who ate a letter and then repeated the important information word for word to General Sumter?

11. Who tells a Hawaiian myth in this storytelling concert

12. Who tells a story of "let's make a deal"?

13. This tale is a 19th century British story.  Who's the teller?

14. Who is the teller of Calamity Jane's strange race?

15. Who put a new twist in the "Little Red Cap"?

16. Who can tell you about Marian hymns?

17. Who should you ask about Naomi and Ruth's relationship?

18.  Who can tell you about subtle strength demonstrated during a tough life transition?

19. Who pokes fun at women going through menopause?

For the Answers:  Click here

Quotes by and about Women

"I can honestly say that I was never affected by the question of the success of an undertaking.  If I felt it was the right thing to do, I was for it regardless of the possible outcome."  --Golda Meir

"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations.  I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."  --Louisa May Alcott

"I've learned from experience that the greatest part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not our circumstances."  --Martha Washington

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song."  --Maya Angelou

"A woman can say more in a sigh than a man can say in a sentence."  --Arnold Haultain

"Women speak two languages -- one of which is verbal."  --William Shakespeare

"Sure, God created man before woman.  But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece."  --Author Unknown

"No matter what a woman looks like, if she's confident, she's sexy."  --Paris Hilton

"Well behaved women rarely make history."  --Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

"A woman is like a tea bag, you cannot tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water."  --Eleanor Roosevelt

"A woman is the full circle.  Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform."  --Diane Mariechild

"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."  --Maya Angelou

"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."   --Charlotte Whitton

"If you want anything said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman."   --Margaret Thatcher

"There cannot be too many glorious women."  --Marianne Williamson

"I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning to sail my ship."   --Louisa May Alcott

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now."  --Joan Baez

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.' "  --Erma Bombeck

"Old age is no place for sissies."   --Bette Davis

"Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels."
--Faith Whittlesey